Classes in Gigi Art of Dance are separated into different types. Click below to learn more!
Progressive - Graded Classes
Classes under this category offer a graded pathway for students to continuously improve in the specific genre through annual exams, established syllabi, and the utmost qualified teachers in Gigi Art of Dance. These classes are established to allow a safe and supportive environment for anyone in any stage of fitness to start their dance journey in.
- Contemporary Jazz
Contemporary Jazz is a dance genre based on the movements found in both Contemporary Dances and Jazz dances, utilizing big movements, controlled gestures and timing, and a very strong sense of musicality. You’ll often see this genre in popular shows including So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD), and utilizing popular songs from various genres. This class is a great foundation for new dancers and its high level of flexibility and body conditioning allows a great pathway towards other dance genres. Gigi Art of Dance utilizes its own syllabus in teaching students basic foundation movements from ballet, contemporary, and jazz, and combining them into solid choreographies that allow a freedom of expression and an exploration of possible movements from within the body.
- Intro 1: teaching the foundations of dance, start here if you’re new! Monday, 18:30 – 19:30
- Intro 2: offering more basic techniques and movements that are often used in most choreographies.
- Beginner 1: strengthening the foundation techniques into solid and cohesive movements. Saturdays, 12:00 – 13:00
- Beginner 2: more challenging choreographies and techniques introduced to promote a deeper mastery of the body. Saturdays, 10:30 – 12:00
- Intermediate 1: pushing the students more into different specific genres of techniques and movements. Tuesdays, 19:00-20:30
- Intermediate 2: a solid introduction to harder dance techniques while drilling body control and conditioning. Wednesdays, 14:00-15:30
- Advanced 1: creative and challenging exploration of the body, utilizing all the taught techniques. Fridays, 19:30-20:30
- Hip Hop
Hip-Hop is a term that regularly used to encompass a large part of a lifestyle, including fashion, music, and dance. In dance, Hip-Hop focuses on groove and rhythm, taking roots from a movement that started in the 70s. Nowadays, Hip-Hop has grown into various different flavors and variangs, and also become the source for many different genres of dances including Urban, K-Pop, and many others. In beat-based movements, Hip-Hop classes are the absolute best to build up musicality, rhythm, and also personal style and charisma.
- Intro 1: the absolute basic in rhythm and groove, necessary in making a start in Hip-Hop.
- Intro 2: introducing and utilizing basic techniques and movements, solidifying the rhythm and groove. Saturdays, 13:30 – 14:30
- Beginner 1: more rhythm, groove, and techniques intended to draw out the student’s personal flavor.
- Beginner 2: incorporating various techniques branching off from Hip-Hop basic to enhance the student’s knowledge.
- Intermediate 1: personalizing each student’s experience to challenge them into their own styles. Wednesdays, 17:30 – 18:30
- Intermediate 2: creating projects, working on initiatives, and pushing the boundaries even more as dancers.
- Kids Hip Hop (Aged 8-12)
- Intro 1, Saturdays, 10:30-11:30
- Intro 2, Tuesdays, 16:00-17:00, Thursdays, 16:00-17:00, Saturdays, 08:30-09:30
- Beginner 1,
- Beginner 2, Fridays, 16:00-17:00
- Intermediate 1, Saturdays, 09:30-10:30
- Intermediate 2, Saturdays, 08:30-09:30
- Advanced 1, Fridays, 16:00-17:00
- Hip-Hop (Aged 13 and up)
- Intro 2, Saturdays, 13:30 – 14:30
- Intermediate 1, Wednesdays, 17:30 – 18:30
- Kids Hip Hop (Aged 8-12)
Progressive - Open Classes
Classes under this category offer a similarly graded pathway, focusing on the necessary techniques and skills in mastering these genres of dance and assigning students in classes according to their skills. These classes, however, do not have exams, but instead utilize video projects, group assignments, solo showcases, and other forms of creative products to hone the students' skills.
- Contemporary Jazz
Contemporary Jazz is a dance genre based on the movements found in both Contemporary Dances and Jazz dances, utilizing big movements, controlled gestures and timing, and a very strong sense of musicality. You’ll often see this genre in popular shows including So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD), and utilizing popular songs from various genres. This class is a great foundation for young new dancers and by following the Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD) syllabus for Contemporary and Jazz, these classes will prepare you for the certification process and allow you to have the necessary skill to dance freely!
- Kids Contemporary: Specifically designed class to introduce contemporary movements and exploration to 9-12 year olds. Tuesdays, 16:00 – 17:00
- Kids Jazz: Introducing body control and basic sharp movements and shapes to 6-8 year olds, in line with the CSTD exam syllabus. Wednesdays, 16:30 – 17:30
Based on the wildly popular music genre, Gigi Art of Dance’s K-Pop classes aim to not only provide a complete dance cover of the hit songs, but also improve the performance quality and technical execution. Students are trained not only to do the movements perfectly, but also how to have the star quality necessary to embody the artists, which includes lip syncing, individuality, and stage presence. Students are also encouraged to grow further by planning their own cover videos, joining competitions under the mentorship of the teacher, and undergo rigorous training to become the best cover group.
- Kids K-Pop (Aged 7-12) for a friendlier and cleaner choreography and environment in teaching. Fridays, 18:00 – 19:00
- K-Pop Rookie 1: for those who are new to dance in general, this is the best introduction to covering K-Pop dances. Wednesdays, 17:00 – 18:00
- K-Pop Rookie 2: covering more difficult choreographies and specific member charismas. Wednesdays, 18:00 – 19:00
- K-Pop Hoobae 1: complicated choreographies, challenging songs, and the most popular K-Pop class to grow and get better in. Thursdays, 17:30 – 18:30
- K-Pop Hoobae 2: promotes further creativity and independence by arranging their own song mix into a final performance piece. Thursdays, 16:30 – 17:30
Originating in the 1960s, Locking has been a popular genre due to its unique skill, fast timing, and energetic performance. The signature movement of Locking, freezing the movements in interesting and quirky poses after a chain of fast movements, creates an interesting and challenging class. The class introduces Locking techniques and incorporates them through a quick choreography.
- Introduction: basic techniques and movements unique in the Locking genre is introduced. Mondays, 17:00 – 18:00
- Beginner: more charisma and utilization of performance qualities on top of taught basic techniques. Wednesdays, 19:30 – 20:30
Classes under this category offers the possibility of a single visit, with classes often designed to focus on new choreographies every week. These classes offer a more varied approach and genre in dancing, thus perfect for exploring students or casual dancers.
Click clack, snippety snap! Lift your feet and get swept up with the excitement of this Broadway classic genre, learning from the basic techniques and combining with fun movements! Rental shoes available, contact our admin today. Fridays, 19:30-20:30
Tough, emotional, and honest. Our newest class focuses on this special street genre that channels inner turmoils into very strong movements. Monday, 18:00-19:00
- Hip Hop Choreo
The Hip Hop Choreo class focuses on a single choreography for a certain session, singled around a certain technique or movement that would allow students to improve their skills in a certain part of Hip Hop dance genre. Wednesdays, 20:30 -21:30
As a fusion of diverse styles and genres, Commercial takes a more angled and picturesque expression of movement, creating interesting choreographies and keeping updated to the current trends in dance. Saturdays, 11:30 – 12:30
- Contemporary Choreography
Get into the movement and personal sensibilities of Contemporary with Miss Sharon, the class offers a unique experience in movement freedom and exploration. Intro: Thursdays, 17:00-18:00, Intermediate: Thursdays, 18:00 – 19:00
Short Course Classes
Short Course Classes
Short Course Classes are focused to a certain project or performance in mind, training the students in the specific skills and technique necessary in these projects. These projects run for 2-3 months, and students can join at anytime but are expected to commit to the project's completion.
- Dance Lab : Exploration Room
Designed as a pathway for interested and committed students in choreographing their own concepts and ideas, the class is free to attend for any GAOD students but extremely challenging, with lots of technical and theoretical engagement, body conditioning, and independent learning and performances. Fridays, 20:30 – 22:00
- Dance Lab: Composition Course
Teaching all the basic composition tools in contemporary choreography-making, this class is designed as an introduction for anyone who is interested in making choreographies for the first time. The class is designed with an in-depth look at specific tools and encourages student to create and explore with the given tools. Wednesdays, 19:00-20:00
Based on the hit musical shows running in Broadway theatres in New York, the Broadway classes train students not only on performing as dancers, but also as actors and singers as well. Students are taught a wide array of genres and techniques, based on jazz, tap, ballroom, and specific Broadway styles including Fosse. Performance pieces are made based and utilizing songs from popular shows, including Aladdin, Lion King, West Side Story, and Grease. The class is perfect for students looking to improve more than just dancing skills and keen to perform as much as they can.
Broadway Classes are currently run in collaboration with Teater Musikal Nusantara (TEMAN), a performing company for musical theatre.
- Kids (8-12 year olds) Tuesdays, 17:00 – 18:00
- Teen (12-16 year old) Tuesdays, 18:00 – 19:00
- Adult (17 and up), Thursdays, 20:30-22:00
Fees (online and offline period, August 2020)
- Registration Fee: Half price, 250.000 for August 2020.
- Fee Per Month
- 1 hour regular classes: Rp. 400.000
- 1.5 hour regular classes: Rp. 450.000
- Trial/Per Visit Class: Rp. 150.000, per August 2020
- Special Classes:
- Broadway Adult: Rp. 500.000
- Broadway Teens and Kids: Rp. 450.000
- Dance Lab: Composition Course: Rp. 250.000
- Dance Lab: Exploration Room: Free